It is a reliable 3D printer that can consistently produce high-quality prints at resolutions as fine as 100 microns.
Flashforge Dreamer NX Review : Flashforge produces 3D printers that make the process of 3D printing as simple as possible. Its advanced features, makes it no exception. Also all of its components are neatly tucked away in an enclosure.
This is a well-built 3D printer for both newbies and advanced users.
For a sub $500 price point, it handles a lot more variety of filament materials than most users need. It creates excellent prints, and has a polite customer service. It does certainly compensate for the low build volume.
To top it off, it is a stylish machine with an easy-to-use user interface that makes it feel like a true modern appliance.
Let us learn more about the salient features of this 3D Printer.
- Completely Assembled: Fully built 3d printer for desktop use with build volume of 230mm x 150mm 140mm, print resolution of 0.2 mm, and layer resolution of 0.1-0.4 mm.
- Variety of Filament Extrusion: The build bed can sustain 120°C temperature while the proprietary extruder can sustain 240°C of heating. This can result in excellent prints using TPU, ABS, PLA, TPU 95A, and PETG filament materials.
- Custom and Proprietary Slicing Software: Availability of standard slicing tools as well as options for custom printing. These are actively supported using the FlashPrint slicing application.
- Better Temperature Management: The optimum circulation of temperature throughout the printing process results in better 3D print output with certain filaments.
- Touch and Go: The 3.5 inches Touchscreen display can aid user friendly configuration of print settings and control.
- Better Security: The option to lock the printer using a password enhances security of operation.
- Multi-Connect: The printer can be connected through multiple options such as SD memory card, USB cable, and Wi-Fi connection.
What comes in the Box
The Flashforge Dreamer NX is a fully constructed printer that comes ready to print. As a result, the crate is extremely large and quite hefty. It is, nevertheless, pretty solid, and it is quite well sealed. There’s also enough foam to protect the unit from any impacts during transportation.
Besides the assembled printer, there are a pair of filament spools of PLA. Each weighing half a kilo (1 pound) with a variety of colors. A tools box contains a screwdriver, Allen keys, tweezers, a scrapper, tweezers, and some screws.
There’s also a USB cable and a power cord as part of the bundle. Also included is a card for bed leveling, A build plate, several support holders, and a 16 GB memory stick. The packing box will contain a user guide for getting started and a couple of paper sheets.
Let us currently examine the Flashforge Dreamer X’s important components and their functions:
a) Proprietary Extruder
Flashforge’s proprietary extruder is used in this printer. This patent extruder loads filament easily and consistently.
The internal turbofan of Dreamer NX enhances 3d model molding results. This provides a steady supply of air all around the extruder.
b) Heated Bed made of Aero Grade Aluminum
Uniform heating of the build bed minimizes distortion on the edges of the print object. This ensures quality and reliable print output. The configuration of the build plate is as follows:
- Heat Plate: Rapidly and steadily heats up. Long life span. Helps to ensure accurate 3D printing outcomes
- Metallic Plate made of Aluminum: This has a flat and balanced surface. Thus ensuring uniform heating and excellent molding results.
- Tape for Platform: Allows for better resistance for higher temperature and abrasion, and ease of setup.
c) Efficient Temperature Management
When it comes to 3D printing, temperature is crucial. Flashforge Dreamer NX achieves outstanding 3d prints independent of filament choice. This is achieved using a controlled temperature flow mechanism.
The integrated sensor engages the fans to ramp up air flow and cool the interior room down to a consistent temperature. Especially when the temperature in the chamber surpasses 50°C.
This will result in better quality 3D prints.
d) Different Connectivity Options
Users of 3D printers adore the Wi-Fi wireless connection option since it gives them much more flexibility.
Aside from Wi-Fi, it also accepts print files from USB connection and the SD memory cards. These connections can also help update the firmware.
e) Variety of Filament Material
It works with any FDM filament of 1.7mm available. This offers great deal of flexibility from material constraints and lets one construct whatever they want.
When using Flashforge proprietary filaments for printing, one can do the best in print output. Including the highest compatibility and working with vibrant colors.
The 3D printer supports filaments of Wood, Copper, PETG, ABS, PTA and flexible PLA.
Applications of Flashforge Dreamer Nx
It is a low cost, trusted, powerful, and simple to use 3d printer. It comes with a solitary extruder with amazing printing outputs on ABS, PLA, and other standard print materials.
It has a layer resolution of 50 microns. Most 3D printers only accomplish 100-micron layers, so this is twice as fine.
As a result, the user may create extremely detailed models with less tweaking making it adorable by hobbyists and creative 3D artists.
Support for FlashPrint
FlashPrint, the manufacturer’s proprietary slicer software, is used by this printer. The software is engaging, crisp, and simple to use. It is also evident that it receives regular upgrades, so there should be no problems.
The advantages of FlashPrint are listed as follows:
- Qualified to meet the needs of both beginners and specialists.
- Using Wi-Fi, users may control numerous 3D printers.
- Supports both tree-like and straight supports.
- Availability of FlashCloud online resource for sharing and downloading 3D concepts
Following are the various specifications of the Flashforge Dreamer Nx:
- Number of Extruders : 2
- Diameter of Extruder : 0.4 mm
- Extruder Temperature : 240 ℃ (Maximum)
- Platform Temperature : 120℃
- Speed of Printing : 10-100 mm/s
- Filament Types : PLA, TPU 95A, ABS, PETG
- Print Space : 230mm x 150mm x 140 mm
- Resolution of Layer : 0.1-0.4 mm
- Resolution of Print : ±0.2 mm
- Size of Device : 485mm x 344mm x 382(402) mm
- Display Screen Type : Touchscreen 3.5 Inches in size
- Printer Weight : 10.7 kg
- Total Weight : 16 kg
- Power Input : 100-240 VAC at 47-63Hz
- Power Output : 24 V and 13.3 A
- Power Source : 320 W
- Spool Type : External
- Storage : Internal (8G)
Connectivity and Software Specifications:
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi, USB cable, and SD memory card
- Slicing Software : FlashPrint
- Output Files : g / Gx
- Input Files : stl / 3mf / fpp / obj / bmp / jpg / png / jpeg
- Fans for Filtering : 2
- Level of Noise : 50dB
- Working Temperature : 18-30 ℃
Dreamer Vs Flashforge Dreamer NX
The Dreamer and the Dreamer NX models of 3D Printers from Flashforge are similar in most specifications except for the following:
- The Dreamer comes with two extruders while the NX has just one.
- The Dreamer can handle PVA type of Filament Material. This is not available on the NX.
- Besides the standard applications such as FlashPrint, Skeinforge, Cura, and Slic3r, the Dreamer model can also make use of Simplify 3D 3.0.
- The Dreamed NX comes with a password lock for extra security.
- There is only a single roll of free Filament material in the NX while there are two rolls in the Dreamer model.